Monday, May 13, 2019

Craft Beer Week and Flower Photos


Here are some pictures from Craft Beer Week. The first is the moose head that was watching over us as we enjoyed a fish fry at the Essen Haus.


This is a shot of the pond at Olbrich Gardens as we were taking a break from drinking beer:


And I thought this purely decorative display of lab vessels at Delta Beer Lab was so pretty:


The frogs were very loud as I walked on the boardwalk with Travalon, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap.


Now for some pictures of flowers. This first one is a bouquet my new coworker got at a meeting she went to. Another person at the meeting has parents who own a flower farm, so she always brings some to this meeting. I love all these colorful poppies!


My Chinese evergreen bloomed! It almost looks like a peace lily. It's definitely an arum!


This magnolia looks like it is covered with tulips when the flowers aren't open all the way. This is not an actual tulip tree, which is also a member of the magnolia family. We have several of those on campus too, and their new leaves look like cartoon tulips! I should take a picture. They should bloom within the next month.


For reference, this is what real tulips look like:


And finally, here is my video of the Pizza Train pulling into the Mid-Continent Railway Museum. I had to upload it to YouTube in order to post it on this blog. Enjoy!


Famous Hat

No comments: