Friday, May 10, 2019

The Train (Happy Anniversary)


Now we're caught behind a train.
It rolls past our bus, an endless chain
Of cars that go on and on and on,
Just like my love for Travalon.
Has it really been five years?
We've shared so much laughter,
So many tears.
We've buried pets and waited in vain
For babies that never, ever came.
We've roamed the world
And sailed the seas,
We've prayed together on bended knees.
We've hiked under pine trees, and palm trees, in sun
And in rain - we always find ways to have fun.
This is the longest train I've ever seen.
When I'm with you, I feel eighteen
And ready to take on whatever life throws
Our way, even snows after snows after snows
And a polar vortex is fun with you
As we dance to reggae and salsa too.
I fear this train will never end,
But neither will my love for you, my friend,
My love and my life, my heart's only song,
So why should I care that this train is so long?

Famous Hat



No comments: