Monday, July 17, 2023

Not a Manic Monday At All

 

Mondays are so relaxing when I can work from home. When the alarm went off, for a moment I was confused and thought I'd accidentally set it on a Sunday, but then I remembered we had gone to Mass yesterday. I got up, had a leisurely cup of coffee, logged in, got lots of work done (and lots of laundry!), and talked to my boss who was back from a week's vacation. He says our usual staff meeting on Wednesday will be in the afternoon this week, on the Union Terrace, so that's something to look forward to. I walked with my neighbor, and after work we played pickleball. When Travalon came home, I asked if he'd like to swim or play tennis, and he said tennis so we didn't have to drive to the health club. That made sense, it was a little cooler today and perfect for sports outdoors but not so perfect for swimming. Then I asked if he would be okay with just sitting on the dock, since the pickleball had worn me out and I realized I didn't want to play tennis. He thought that sounded like a grand idea, so we sat on the dock drinking a beer before dinner. If Mondays were always this relaxing, I would never dread them.

I took a photo of the leopard-patterned rosary I got at the shrine in Champion, but it's not downloading from the cloud, so enjoy this photo of cedar cones that my neighbor took.


I took this photo of a balloon on the sign for the Betty Lou Cruises. It seems familiar.


So I just googled it, and it's called an Eye Spot Balloon, or a Scare Eye Balloon. It's supposed to keep birds away. I'm not sure why they put it on their sign - did birds like to mess with it? I personally would be more worried about people messing with it, but that balloon probably wouldn't scare most people off. It wouldn't scare me off, since as my regular readers know, I love things with eyes on them. Looks like I could get my own set of a white one, a yellow one, and a black one for $33.33. Maybe something to keep in mind for our dock, since the fake owls we have out there don't seem to do much for keeping the birds away.


Famous Hat


No comments: