Monday, July 10, 2023

Workouts per FitBit

 

Today was a relaxing day at work because i could work from home, my boss is on vacation, and the faculty all seem to be otherwise occupied. At lunch my neighbor and I went for a walk in the woods across from the nearby bluff, then after work we played pickleball. I told her I'm getting to be like a recalcitrant kid you can bribe with pickleball, like it's the one thing that holds my attention: "Oh, you don't want to get your work done? Then you can't play any pickleball after work!" My brain: "Okay, getting work done!" It was still very sunny at that hour, so we played on the far side of the court where it was shady, which meant we hit the ball into the fence a lot, and even over it once. Luckily some dog walkers passing by threw it back to us. We could only play for about twenty minutes, because my neighbor was going to a friend's house for dinner. My FitBit recognized that we did something, but it said that I walked instead of doing "sport." Once Travalon came home, we went to the health club and swam in the outdoor pool, and my FitBit knew that I swam. Most of the time it gets my activities right, but I remember once I was walking in place in front of the TV and it thought I was swimming, and my favorite was when I was playing the mandolin at a gig and it thought I was biking. I forgot to put the FitBit on my right wrist during band practice - maybe it would have recorded another workout, and who knows what it would have called it? I don't even know how to see what all the options are.


Famous Hat


No comments: