Today at lunch Seabird and I went to explore Levy Hall, the brand spankin' new building housing a lot of the Humanities departments. History takes up a lot of the building and seems to have offices on every floor. There were some beautiful classrooms with stunning views full of sunlight, and Seabird and I wished we had been in classrooms like that in our university days. We had both helped out in Religious Studies, so when we ran into a faculty member from that department, we all chatted a bit. Then we found my Union peep who works in another small department, and he gave us a tour of his floor. He said there was even a commuter room in the basement, but you can't get into it unless your ID card has been activated for that building. We did peer into it and saw it had indoor places to park bikes, and also shower facilities. I would have loved that back when I was biking to work every day! There is a cafe, and there is also going to be a rooftop terrace, but it's not finished yet.
Meanwhile, Travalon checked out another spot where train cars are parked, in Middleton. He took some photos. I know I have posted some (maybe all?) of these before, but here they are again.










No comments:
Post a Comment