Monday, September 7, 2026

Firefly Lake and Trains in Tomahawk

 

This morning we went back to Dixie's Coffee again, and I love their pillows.


They also have a statue of Dixie in the doorway.


We went down to the beach again. Here's a photo Travalon took with his cellphone.


Then we packed up and took a hike around Firefly Lake, which is small and very beautiful.




As is our tradition, we stopped for lunch at the Thirsty Whale in Minocqua. We didn't see a loon from the deck this year, but we did see a pair of bald eagles.


Next we went to Sara Park in Tomahawk, on the Wisconsin River.


We saw a tiny engine for the Tomahawk Railway go by.


Isn't it cute? Travalon remembered seeing train cars near Sara Park, and we found that there were many of them, and they had beautiful graffiti.






































The rest of our trip home was fairly uneventful. There was a bit of a traffic slowdown on I90, but it didn't last too long. When we got home, my print had arrived of that painting of a train with graffiti spelling out the lyrics to "King of the Road." I don't think it would work to take a photo, since panning out to get the whole thing would make it too small, but trust me, it's very cool. Then I had a condo board meeting, while Travalon went out on the dock and took photos of the sunset.



We both are back to work tomorrow, and I also have to go to the dentist and get a cavity filled, so tomorrow will not be fun like the last three days. That's okay, if there's nothing to blog about, I can post more screenshots of train graffiti, or more photos from our trip.


Famous Hat

No comments: