Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Travalon's Haul

 

Today I worked from home, and Travalon and I debated taking another boat ride, but he had a dentist appointment so we'd be cutting it close to his time to leave for work, plus it was windy. We ended up walking on Governor's Island. Here are some photos.




Travalon continues to get things delivered that he ordered with his gift card. He got this poster yesterday.


And also these little Matchbox train engines from the Great Western Railroad in Britain.


Today he got another poster, but it wouldn't lie flat so I'll wait until he hangs it to take a photo. He also got a Chessie the Cat sign.


Today Travalon made a new friend at work.



It's a capybara! Oh, I forgot to mention that he brought home curder burgers from Culver's for lunch. I have one every year - just one, because they are a cholesterol bomb. We also had mint cookie custard. So then on my afternoon break I picked some crabapples from my favorite tree to have some plant matter, only this time I chewed on the magic berries first so the crabapples tasted sweet instead of tart. They were really good that way, but I love them tart too. I forgot to mention that yesterday Hardingfele and I also foraged, eating prickly pear fruit and crabapples on campus.

Here are screenshots of train graffiti from a video on social media of a train that went through town this morning:




















It's been a while since the train has been through our neighborhood. Hopefully it comes back soon.


Famous Hat


No comments: