Monday, January 10, 2011

The Ultimate Cry Room

Our peripatetic Banjo Player was most recently in Carolina - which one? you might ask and I might answer "both" - and she sent me two pictures of the Basilica of St. Lawrence in Asheville, NC.  She notes that it is "small as basilicas go, but very pretty inside. It has an unusual artistic feature which is the use of ceramics all over," and she adds that the architect is buried in a crypt in the front.  Here is a photo showing the ceramics.


And here is what she says about the second photo:  "The attached is the priceless picture of the door to the choir loft - the ultimate cry room!"  I totally think we need this door for the choir loft at my church!  Not that I'm saying we have any crybabies in our choir....


Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

That's hysterical. I CAN see where some of the members of an unsaid choir that you belong to, could go to such a room

Famous Hat said...

You're picking up what I'm putting down. Nuff said.

Marshall Lynch said...

yeah it's true it is the Ultimate Cry Room.

Edina MN Realty | Gift Baskets