Monday, January 3, 2011

Birthday Post

This is my birthday post!
It smells like burning toast!
Not that I mean to boast,
But you will like it most!

No, I haven't had anything to drink today.  Why do you ask?  However, that wasn't true of the whole weekend.  New Year's Eve I had eggnog, wine, AND Bailey's (yes, we finally found it), but all my peeps were tired and wanted to go to bed before midnight... except Hardingfele, but how would I have guessed that?  She is usually in bed by nine.  So I went to welcome in 2011 at the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel with Our Lord and approximately six million other people.  Who knew that was the happeningest party in town??  Tiffy wasn't there because she had a cold, but New Year's Day she felt well enough to come to town and watch our alma mater's team lose the Rose Bowl with Hardingfele and me.  Yes, more booze, not only what we ordered but FREE BEER with each touchdown!  Since the Badgers' offense wasn't that offensive, we really didn't get much beer.  Still, it was free.

Yesterday I indulged in something I rarely do and watched TV:  first DVDs of Monty Python's Flying Circus before a much smaller party than my extravaganza last year (please don't be offended if I did not invite you; I hardly invited anyone else either), and then The Simpsons and The Family Guy afterwards.  And of course the Pack beat da Bears!  Oh yeah!  There was one Bears fan in the room so we had to give her a little grief, but it really didn't matter too much to the Bears to lose.  Luckily there were no Giants fans in the room, since they were the ones who really got hurt by the Packers' win and will not get to go to the playoffs despite a pretty decent record this season.

Hardingfele gave me two ePlush:  a reindeer I named Tetracide and a hamster I named Hyperbad.  Tiffy gave me a beautiful pendant made out of a butterfly wing, and Luxuli gave me a pale green rosary bracelet from Santiago de Compostela.  Rich gave me Yak Trax (actually a few weeks ago), and I don't usually endorse things on my blog, but Yak Trax totally rock!!!  And nobody paid me to say that either;  I simply consider them a necessity in this awful climate and wonder how I survived so many winters without them.  Jilly Moose made me a birthday card herself.  Rich made chicken breast a la parmesan and Black Magic cake with chocolate rum frosting, and Luxuli made a spinach salad with some of the pears from the Post-Chanukah Package.  Delicious!

Today Tiffy and I went to the Fake Irish Pub for lunch, and I regret to report that they have not instituted a single one of the changes I recommended at my last visit.  For example, the ketchup Tiffy used was just old skool red, not noo skool silver.  She offered to buy me lunch, but since it was a two-for-one fish and chips day and I got a free dessert, she only had to spring for a cup of what our waiter called "clam chowdah."  (Sorry, dude, that's not an Irish accent, it's a Boston one.)  She told me my dessert was called a "Bidet Sunday," and I said oh man, where was Rich? he LOVES bidets and Sunday! - but she meant a B-Day Sundae.  Then we went to the spa and got facials, hot rock massages, and pedicures.  Now my toenails are a color I would call "teal" but the bottle of polish was marked "Catch Me In Your Net," and Tiffy's toenails are now "Jade Is the New Black."  Of course, nobody will see my teal toes under my thick socks, boots, and Yak Trax.  Still, it was a WONDERFUL birthday.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend, you got to at least put the Z104 pix somewhere. I so do not go to bed by 9, I just dont pick up the phone. And as far as I could tell the ePlush was a moose?????

WV - colions. As in 2 lions ruling over something??

Famous Hat said...

The ePlush is a reindeer according to ePlush. Hey, how do you think I ended up with a hedgehog that was actually a porcupine? And if I post the Z104 picture here, Tiffy will kill me slowly and painfully.