Friday, April 29, 2011

The Light Bright Guide to Asthma

Today I spent the whole workday editing some dictation Light Bright had typed up, while she spends the next week frolicking in Mexico. As always, correcting her attempts to type what she hears is a very entertaining undertaking, helped by the fact that she tends to do inexplicable things like underline half a sentence for no discernible reason, and then midway through the document everything will switch from single-spaced to double-spaced. However, it is the spelling errors that Spell Check does not catch, because they are words but just not the right words, which really made my day. “Asses” is a word, but it doesn’t mean assess, no matter how many times you try to use it that way. So without further ado, here is the Light Bright Guide to Asthma for your amusement and edification:

Coughing is ubiquis in asthma. Cereal tests should be run to dreamtime the diagnosis and rule out other underling causes, practically gastroeospofogial reflex disease but also COPD and CF. After tests are preformed, asses results to see if peek flow is bellow expected for age and gender. During the six-minute walk test, make sure patient does not suffer severe leg ramps.  One purposed cause for asthma is genetic, another is environment. Clod whether can cause exasperations, as can underlining allergies. People with musical skeletal disorders may have trouble using inhaler devises. Atni-corticosteroids can help with apregulating receptor functions, but site effects in elderly patience can include glaucoma and skin thinking.

Toque McToque and I have finally figured out why she makes more than we do: we are just office workers, but she is an entertainer!

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I think you need to provide a translation for the medically inept. I got what she was trying to say, but I have a science background. Amazing that this person is working in this field. I suppose if Kathy Nickolaus can continually screw up, so can anyone else in WI :-)

Richard Bonomo said...

This looks like it was some document I had written in cursive which some poor slob had to type up. Those who knew my former housemates may recall a certain Andy's "translations" of notes I posted on the door from time to time....

Famous Hat said...

I will vouch for that. I don't remember Andy's translation exactly all these years later, but I clearly remember the postcard from Rome that you sent to "Dear Santa" - oh, my mistake, when you got back, you translated it as "Dear Gents."