Saturday, April 2, 2011

Planting Guinness the Juniper

Here is a picture of the Cuddly Rosaries my mother knits in red, yellow, and blue:


Aren't they cute?  Wouldn't you like one for yourself?  I have three red ones immediately available, and my mother is happy to knit them in any color you like.  They are $20 plus $1 to cover shipping costs.

Today Kathbert and I planted the little juniper that has been taking up so much space in Plant World in Richard Bonomo's sunny backyard, where it will hopefully be very happy.  Rich, meanwhile, was searching for a different shovel, and Luxuli brought out a bottle of Guinness to split among us, so we decided to call the juniper Guinness.  Here is a photo of it after we planted it:


On the right you can see the shovel Kathbert and I used (Rich located the "better" one just as we finished putting the dirt back), and on the left you can see the edge of the pot Guinness lived in while it resided in Plant World.  After the successful planting, we celebrated by throwing black walnuts at the pot, trying to make a basket.  Luxuli won, then Rich came in second, Kathbert got a rebound off the back stairs, and I was dead last... but I did finally do it.  Here is a close-up of Guinness:


And, for Hardingfele, here is a picture of the pastel tortoiseshell cat we had never seen before, who hung around as we planted Guinness the Juniper.  She didn't have a collar so we don't know her name.



Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

Nice tree but if it's a stray cat, we can take it and put it up for adoption. I guess ask around