Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Elevator Ups and Downs


Elevators are tricky things. Today I almost got on one going up until Light Bright asked at the last moment, “Are you going up, Hat?” A little later we were on the third floor and I had to go to the sixth floor while she had to go to the ninth, so she hit the elevator button. To my surprise, she hit both the up and the down buttons and asked, “Which one do you think will come first?” I replied, “Down, but neither of us is going that way.” So we joked about how when the elevator full of people going down stopped on Three and we just stood there, I was going to point at her so they would all know it was her fault. Sure enough, the elevator was going down… but nobody was on it, so we were saved that humiliation. It sat there for a moment, then the up light went on, so we got on it. I said, “I was right, down came first, but up came pretty quickly after that!”

Famous Hat

No comments: