Friday, May 10, 2013

Like Going Back in Time


Last night I had a very unusual experience – it was almost like meeting myself fifteen years ago. After choir practice I got into a conversation with a girl who is trying to decide what to do with her life, though unfortunately it was in an underground garage so there was a lot of background noise. She had a very soft voice and I didn’t even catch half of what she said as she poured her heart out to me, so her secrets are safe with me! From what I did hear, we are so alike it is eerie. From our family backgrounds to our college careers to our luck with men, she followed a trajectory similar to mine. I will have to meet with her again for conversation where we can actually sit instead of standing on concrete, and where we can hear each other talk, perhaps over warm or alcoholic beverages. I always wondered if I would hate myself all those years ago, but I really like this girl, so maybe not. 

Famous Hat 

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

How did you guys meet?