Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day on Willy Street

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Saturday Travalon and I had lunch at Pasqual’s and then went to Macha Tea House, then he went fishing while my band played at a wedding. It was surprisingly cold out, and we had to play outside, so by the end our fingers were nearly frozen. Still, it was fun to play out, and of course we got paid too. Then Travalon and I had dinner at Captain Bill’s and took a long walk along the street that goes along the lake. I always love passing the little boating cottages right by Captain Bill’s, but I was disappointed to learn they are only open from May to November, so if I ever could afford to buy one, I could not live there permanently.

Sunday Travalon brought his dog Rodney to town with him, and we went to the Capital Brewery beer garden, but it was still cold out and somewhat rainy. We took Rodney for a long walk in Richard Bonomo’s neighborhood, then we gathered for dinner with Rich, Kathbert, Catzookz, Luxuli, and her husband, and Catzookz’s guy joined us later. Rodney was very well-behaved and everyone thought he was delightful. Travalon said Rodney slept well that night!


Yesterday I was supposed to donate platelets for the first time ever, but I had recently donated blood and my iron levels were still too low, so I went to Brat Fest instead. Then Rich, Catzookz, her guy, their friend, and I went to the new Star Trek movie in 3D. Travalon and I met up on Willy Street and went to Jamerica for dinner, then we walked to the start of Willy Street to go to the Up North Bar, where a drunk guy was randomly calling people. We went to the Essen Haus, where the owner was in the process of throwing out a drunk guy who kept insisting all his worldly possessions were still in the bar, and we enjoyed a band that played Grateful Dead covers. While walking back down Willy Street, we saw the really drunk guy, now shirtless, telling a cop that the only thing he had on him was a key chain. We stopped into a Greek restaurant for some caramel tres leche cake, and Travalon said I would have to blog about all the crazy people we had seen that evening. I also took a picture of the neon sign outside of the Essen Haus that says: “Immediate Seatnig” and Jamerica where they had a sign that said “Open” and another that said “Closed” and will hopefully post them soon.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Travalon said...

-Rodney is a 13 year old miniature Poodle, still very spunky and feisty like a puppy !
- I would highly recommend the jerk catfish at Jamerica, just has a nice flavor, and not too spicy.
- Lots of interesting characters hanging around on Willey Street, and that was just a quiet Monday night.