Thursday, August 7, 2014

Music Choices


Last night Travalon and I went to the Sundance Theater’s rooftop café for dinner, then we saw The Big Lebowski, which neither of us had seen before. It was a hilarious movie, but be forewarned: there is a lot of swearing and some violence. What do you expect? It’s a Coen Brothers movie. They did Fargo, after all. (Which everyone said I had to see because I’m from Minnesota, just like the characters in the movie.)

Tomorrow I was expecting to go to work as usual and then attend the free Dane Dance in the evening, with Madisalsa playing. Live salsa music at a venue overlooking the lake, and FREE? Count me in! But Travalon really wanted me to go to a blues fest with him and then a KISS concert, so that is what I am doing. Very far from free, but he said he could get us third row seats. I have to admit, I am a bit curious. KISS were huge when I was a kid, and if their onstage antics are anything like they used to be, it should be one entertaining show. Plus Def Leppard is playing with them, and they used to be one of my very favorite bands. Don’t worry about my salsa intake; next week there will be another Dane Dance with another salsa band, and Travalon has promised we can go to that one.

Famous Hat

No comments: