Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Stuffies


Last night I went to my old condo again to sort things, but this time was different: it was stuffed animal sorting. If I thought sorting clothes was hard, this was a whole other level of emotional attachment. There were entirely too many of them, and they were just sitting there while some child somewhere might be cherishing them. So I went through them. Maria the Unicorn I got for Christmas just before turning nine? That’s a no-brainer, she had to stay. But Sara the Swan and Winnie the Whale don’t have the same emotional pull, even if they were beloved childhood toys that I spent many wonderful hours playing with. It’s time for them to move on to other children. And of course almost all my fuzzy germs got sent to St. Vinny’s, except for a complete set of the rhinovirus: normal, three tiny, and one giant. I even sent most of my ePlush animals away, except for the llama and the poodle, because they are just so cute. I still have the electronic avatars, after all. The one thing I really held onto was the small bears, because I have a good collection of those and they don’t take up much room. I’m trying not to think too hard about the toys I gave to St. Vinny’s, but after all, if they were just sitting at my old condo all this time, then I didn’t really need them. So now I only have one giant box of stuffed animals… well, it’s progress.

Famous Hat

No comments: