Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Another Unlucky Tuesday


I am having a grumpy day. Historically, Tuesdays have often been the worst day of the week for me; for example, September 11, 2001 was a Tuesday. Today has, fortunately, not been anything like that, but I am feeling grumpy nonetheless. It started with an agent who had sent in an order and rounded down the amount on the check so they didn’t pay the whole amount. Now if you go into a grocery store and the cost is $25.38 and you hand the cashier $25 and say, “Let’s call it even,” nobody is going for that. I decided not to bother to send the check back to India but did send an email saying this was dishonest of them, and to my surprise they took issue with being called dishonest for “rounding down.” If everyone rounded down, we would be out a lot of money. I said in the United States this is indeed dishonest, so tough if you feel insulted, since we are already giving you a discount. So far they haven’t responded.

The second thing that happened was that I thought I had a good idea to do something generous for someone, so I sent an email about it to some other people. Several people replied that it was a good idea and they wanted in on it, but one person replied to everyone and said how my idea was really quite foolish and this person had a far better idea. When I responded testily but just to that person, this individual was surprised that I would be annoyed by what they did. Now I’m not sure if anyone will still agree with my idea, since it has been so publicly ridiculed, and maybe nothing will happen at all, which is par for the course.

The third thing is my own fault, and such a small thing that it shouldn’t even affect my mood, but I forgot my iPhone while taking my lunchtime walk. This means I got no credit for the mile-plus that I walked (through snow!) and the two flights of stairs I went up. Of course in reality I get “credit” for it, and it still burned calories even if my iPhone didn’t record it, but I like getting “official” credit for my exercise. It makes my daily average look better.

Maybe that will be it for today. They say bad things happen in threes. Although, come to think of it, this morning my car had been plowed in and it took fifteen minutes and Travalon’s help to get out, so I was late for work. So that’s four. Tuesday, why do you hate me so?

Famous Hat

No comments: