Thursday, December 10, 2015

Downton Abbey with American Accents


Today I had no idea what to blog about, so Travalon suggested Downton Abbey. I don’t know what to say about it, but last night after running (it’s true, I haven’t been able to get it in first thing in the morning this week), I turned on the TV to Stephen Colbert’s talk show, and he was interviewing three of the cast members. For anyone who watches the show, they were the actors who play Lord Grantham, Tom Branson, and Lady Mary. Colbert insisted the only reason Americans love the show is because of their “plummy” British accents, so he had them read a scene from the show using American accents. Hugh Bonneville kind of came across like a Texan, but Allen Leech could do a perfect Millennial slacker. It was so funny! I was snuggling Cashmere, and she must have wondered why I was laughing so hard. In case you would like to see this scene for yourself, I found it on YouTube:


Famous Hat

No comments: