Friday, September 2, 2016

Random Rosary Post


There is a sign in front of a house not far from where we live that says “Castleberry” on a pastel-hued castle with clouds floating around it. I have no idea what it means; an internet search revealed nothing, and I’m reluctant to call the number on the sign, figuring it is probably just some business. But the sign appeals to that eight-year-old girl still inside of me who loves unicorns and rainbows and sparkly things. Imagine my delight when I found a rosary with pale lavender Hail Mary beads and glow-in-the-dark stars for the Our Father beads. It was probably meant for an eight-year-old girl, but who says adults can’t enjoy silly things? It works just as well as any other rosary.

Speaking of rosaries, I found one online that was so cool – it has a crucifix that looks like the American flag, and each of the 50 Hail Mary beads has the two-letter abbreviation of one of the states on it – so I decided to order one, since it wasn’t expensive. However, the website was not secure, so I was leery to put my credit card number into the form. I called the number on the website and got a very nice man who said people keep telling him this story, but whenever he calls his web provider, they swear it is secure. Anyway, he took my order over the phone, and the rosary is so popular that it is on back order so I won’t get it before the middle of the month. Maybe everyone wants one to pray for our nation during this crazy election season. We could use a miracle in that regard…

Famous Hat

No comments: