Friday, June 2, 2017

Epic Mallards Loss


Last night Travalon and I went with a bunch of my coworkers to a Mallards game. We had great tickets, so we got to sit right behind home plate, eat as many burgers and brats as we wanted, and drink three beers. Believe me, I needed those beers because while the weather was perfect, the Mallards were about as far from perfect as a ball team can get. I have seen them win and I have seen them lose, but I have never seen them totally destroyed like that before. Their defensive playing stank, they couldn’t hit anything (seriously, about the only guys who got on base were the ones walked by the other team’s pitcher), and their pitching wasn’t anything too wonderful either. In the end they lost 12-0. Apparently they lost the night before to a new team called the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (Travalon loves that name!), but it was a reasonable score, like 5-2. We have been spoiled because the Mallards are always good enough to get into the playoffs, so maybe we were due for a bad season. But a terrible season? Hopefully they don’t have another game like the one last night! Otherwise, we had a lot of fun.

Famous Hat

No comments: