Monday, August 27, 2018

Bachelorette Weekend



I hope that my readers had a good weekend. I was a bachelorette myself, except for Friday evening, when Travalon and I went back to the Cherokee Country Club for their amazing Puttin’ on the Ritz Cod, and then we went to the Dane Dance. Unfortunately it was inside, at the Alliance Center, but the disco cover band was great. We missed the salsa band.

Saturday Travalon went up north to hang out with his friend who lives in Japan but is visiting for a few weeks. I met Rich, OK Cap, and that woman who doesn’t have a name on this blog for coffee, then OK Cap and I prayed the rosary. Rich, Kathbert, and I went for a hike in the Arboretum, then in the evening I met the Slow Food crowd for dinner at a ramen restaurant. It’s different than our usual style, when we each get a small plate and share with each other, since it isn’t too easy to share ramen. We all had a good time anyway.

Yesterday I had promised to spend the day with Hockey Girl, so she and I had brunch at Lazy Jane’s, then we heard a steel drum band (the same one Travalon and I heard on the Union Terrace) at the Orton Park Festival, then we went to Mother Fool’s Coffeehouse and ended with an early dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Middleton that does serve cactus as a side – always the sign of a good Mexican restaurant! We had originally been planning to go to a Mexican festival in Milwaukee, but she had a dance practice pretty early in the evening, so we wouldn’t have had much time there. In the evening I had band practice, and our guitarist gave us all produce from her garden. I took collard greens, so tonight I should have an adventure figuring out how to cook them. Maybe tomorrow I’ll blog about how they turned out.

Famous Hat


No comments: