Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Secret Park



Sorry that I cannot blog about making collard greens, because last night Travalon and I decided to go to Banzo to use a $5 off coupon, and then we walked around Tenney Park to see the flooding. What I did forget to blog about yesterday is when Rich, Kathbert, and I went to the Secret Park after we were done hiking in the Arboretum. This park is not visible from the street; it is completely enclosed by houses. Yet it is a good-sized part with a playground area, a basketball court, and a small soccer field. I remembered going to it years ago with another friend and knew it was in Kathbert’s neighborhood, so she went exploring and found it one day. It is called Midland Park because one of the sidewalks to get to it is on Midland, and it technically has an address on that street. I suppose because the park is so secret, people feel more secure about leaving toys there, so we saw some toy dump trucks, a soccer ball, and two basketballs. We used the basketballs to shoot hoops, and Rich and I were pretty terrible at it. Kathbert was much better. Anyway, now the secret is out.

Famous Hat

No comments: