Friday, August 24, 2018

"Spare Time"



Sorry that I haven’t blogged much this week; nothing that exciting had happened to me, and so I was going to upload pictures but never seemed to have time. On Monday evening Travalon and I took a perhaps ill-advised trip to the health club to swim, considering all the flash flood warnings, but nothing happened to us. We were lucky – a gentleman on the west side was swept away and drowned by the floodwaters! Tuesday I just didn’t feel like blogging, and Wednesday Travalon and I were too busy playing tennis for me to get a chance to blog.

Yesterday we did have a more interesting evening. We went to Bierock, the new brewpub near our house, for dinner, and then we went to campus to get the beer that a faculty member had given to me for my help in getting her reimbursed. We took a walk along Observatory Hill, which has a wonderful view of the lake (and an actual observatory), then we went downtown so I could show Travalon the funny statue “Spare Time,” of a stick figure sitting on the roof of a building up on the square. If you don’t know it’s there, you might never notice it. I took an okay picture of it, although it was dark by then. In case you are looking for it yourself, it’s on top of the building housing Candina Chocolates. Then we took a walk along the Square and stopped for some mochi at Tavernakaya. Mochi are little balls of ice cream covered by bean curd, and we each had a green tea one and a coffee one. They were so good! So that was a fun weeknight evening.

Famous Hat

No comments: