Monday, August 6, 2018

Supper Club Weekend



I hope my readers had a good weekend. Mine started Thursday evening, when Travalon and I went to the Flamingle Party. The “Flamingle” is a newsletter put out by the alumni association, and they had pink treats and fun games and a very interesting panel discussion on how the newsletter is put together. Then we went to the Monona Terrace to see the tile I had gotten Travalon for an anniversary present, which they had just installed, and then we picked up our clay cacti at Fired Up.

Friday I took the day off of work for the annual bike ride for the birthday of the Daughter of Denni. This year I didn’t ride, because I had to pick up Tiffy when she came to town. We drove to several of the stops on the tour and walked to one of them, reprising the walk Travalon and I took last year along the scenic shores of Lake Monona. Then the two of us went to the outdoor theater to meet the Dairyman’s Daughter and her sister. We saw a very funny but cynical play by Shaw called Heartbreak House.

Saturday Travalon had to work, so I met Rich, Tiffy, and another lady for coffee, then we ladies went to the Farmers’ Market. Tiffy and I had lunch on State Street, then when Travalon got off of work, the three of us took a long boat ride back into the marsh, where we saw a couple of deer by the edge of the water. They looked like they were pondering swimming out to the island. In the evening the three of us met Rich at a supper club called Hill Top out in Pine Bluff, where they have 36 flavors of ice cream drinks on the menu. We had dinner there and then ice cream drinks, of course – I had a red velvet one.

Yesterday Travalon and I joined Cecil Markovitch, the Single B-Boy, and Rich’s Brazilian roommate for a hike in Parfrey’s Glen. All the men but the Brazilian were wearing dark blue shirts and khaki shorts, so I had to take a picture of the “odd man out.” (I was wearing a bright coral T-shirt myself.) The others went to hike up Gibralter Rock, but Travalon and I went swimming in Devil’s Lake, which surprisingly I have never done. It was wonderful! You could see the people way up on the bluffs looking down at the lake. We got to ride the Merrimac Ferry both ways, and we met up with the other guys again for dinner at Fitz’s, a wonderful supper club on Lake Wisconsin.

Famous Hat



No comments: