Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Autumn 2018 Photos


I hope my readers are staying warm. The university is closed today, and Travalon and I have not left the house. We got exercise by dancing around to Steely Dan and Peter Tosh, and also by moving my plants around. A couple of them had damage from getting too cold - and of course the cold came up from the bottom, so they had root damage - so I put blankets under them. I think the damaged ones might survive, but it's too early to say.

Here are some autumn pictures I never posted. First is a pig made of ground pork that was in a local deli.


These are the hamburger cookies I made for our department picnic.


Here is a better photo of "Spare Time," the artwork on top of a building downtown.


This is one of the red pandas at our zoo here in town.


These next shots are from a trip we made to the Wisconsin Maritime Museum for National Museum Day. You could choose from a bunch of museums to attend for free that day, and that was what we chose. This first shot is Travalon in front of a sailboat in the museum.


This is the lighthouse in Two Rivers.


And here is a shot of the town from the lighthouse.


These next photos are from the Milwaukee Zoo. First is the springhaas, an adorable creature like a cross between a rabbit and a wallaby.


Beautiful Mandarin ducks, like the one I heard showed up in Central Park a few months ago.


This fish was so cool. I can't remember what it was called - some kind of wrasse, I think.


And of course the hornbill, who is behind some hardcore fencing.


One day there was a rainbow over the North Transfer Point!


Here are some photos from Olbrich Garden:





And a shot from inside the Cave of the Mounds:


Here is a beautiful sunrise over the North Transfer Point:


This is a shot of the autumn foliage from my old office window, when I was overlooking the lake.


On Halloween there were a bunch of people dressed as beefeaters on Bascom Hill:


And in the building next to mine, there was this gorgeous Day of the Dead altar:


It was so cold in early November that the water spraying the tree branches froze into graceful configurations.


Here are some instruments from the concert we went to put on by the group from Crete:



And finally, some Irish swag I bought at the Celtic Christmas Fair: two mugs and a pillow.



This is a video of class change time at the University, as seen from my 8th story window:


This is a video of Port Washington at night, as seen from their lighthouse:


This is the fennec fox at the Milwaukee Zoo. The lighting is red because he is in the nocturnal section.


This is a penguin at the Milwaukee Zoo swimming and then leaping out of the water:


And finally, these are a bunch of really cool birds at the Milwaukee Zoo:


Famous Hat

No comments: