Thursday, January 10, 2019

My Birthday Party 2019



Sorry for the long silence, but I have been sick with a cold that turned into a sinus infection. Now I am starting to feel human again. I never blogged about my weekend, so here goes: Tiffy came up on Saturday and took me to lunch at a Mideastern restaurant, then we walked down to the Union to enjoy the beautiful weather. In the evening Rich hosted a birthday party for me, and among the people there were Kathbert, Jilly Moose, OK Cap, Hockey Girl, the Single B-Boy, Cali, El Vegetariano, and of course Rich, Tiffy, and Travalon, as well as the woman whose consecration to perpetual virginity I attended back in February of 2017. It was a lovely party, and Jilly Moose and OK Cap gave me a Christmas cactus, and they gave both Travalon and me a book of 50 hikes in our state. Do they know us or what? Cali gave me really good chocolate, and the woman who doesn’t have a name on this blog gave me an absolutely gorgeous book of Irish folktales. That’s the upside of being predictable: people tend to get you presents you actually like. Years ago someone once told me I was the least mysterious person he had ever met, and at the time I took it as an insult, but now I wear the badge proudly. Who needs mystery? With me, you know what you are going to get.

Sunday after Mass, Rich, Tiffy, Travalon, and I went to brunch at the Crema CafĂ©, then we drove out to Sauk to eagle watch. We didn’t see any eagles sitting in the trees, but we did see a few flying overhead. In the evening, and all the evenings since then, Travalon and I have been watching the baseball documentary I got him for Christmas, which is excellent. If you really want to feel like you’re in the Twenties, watch the Fourth Inning. We also have been walking around the house to music, because his job does not require as much walking as his previous one did, so he needs to get more steps somehow. One song we like to walk to a lot is “Manga Dog” by Peter Tosh. The chorus goes: “Feel sorry for manga dog, him gone turn round bite you.” I think we can all relate! Who hasn’t been bitten by a "manga dog" at one time?

Famous Hat

No comments: