Friday, January 4, 2019

Five Eagle Birthday



Welcome to 2019! I hope my readers had a good New Year. Travalon and I ventured out to the restaurant 400 feet away on New Year’s Eve, and they said they had some cancellations and could fit us in at 8:45. It was still quite packed there, and I’m sure not everyone walked there. New Year’s Day we went to Mass, then my OTHER choir director (who is no longer a choir director because he is retired) had a party at his new place. Since it is at the old Holy Name seminary, and there is an organ in the chapel, he led us in a hymn sing. The party continued after that, but we had to leave for my usual Tuesday evening adoration hour.

Yesterday I took my birthday off of work, and in the morning while Travalon had to work, I had a relaxing time listening to music and doing word game puzzles. We drove to Spring Green so I could have my free lunch at the general store, and I also got free coffee at a coffee shop in town and a discounted book at the local bookstore. Then we drove to Sauk and saw five eagles (one was flying over the road on the way to Spring Green). We took a walk along the riverside path, since it was such a gorgeous day for early January, and then we stopped into the Blue Spoon Diner, where I got a free scoop of gelato. We ended the day at Mariner’s, where I got a free dessert, but I let Travalon have most of it. It was chocolate decadence cake. Travalon actually gave me my present the night before: two blooming bromeliads. One is large with a golden bloom, and the other one is much smaller with a scarlet bloom. I will post photos soon.

Famous Hat

No comments: