Thursday, January 24, 2019

Photos from Christmas 2018


It is way past time for me to post some photos. It has been many months, I realize, so this post will just be Christmas photos, and then I will go back in time and post some autumn ones. The first Christmas picture is the famous Christmas Train.


These are the aesthetically pleasing chocolates we got for Travalon's birthday.


Luxuli gave me an Advent wreath, and Travalon and I lit it and did the O Antiphons this Advent.


This is a beautifully lit house in our neighborhood.


Check it out - Tiffy made a gingerbread house!


Here are some photos from our trip to Chicago. First the fancy chocolate shop:



Here is the inside of St. Michael's in Old Town:


The outside has a clock with different color faces in each direction:


Here is Rich with the sword he got in the white elephant gift exchange:


And here Travalon is demonstrating how the evil nun puppet will attack you with the glowing hatchet:


Travalon is captain of my heart! (We found this cap at Mariner's restaurant.)


Here are the big yellow and little red bromeliads that Travalon gave me for my birthday:



This is my office decorated for my birthday:


Our church was decorated in red and blue for Christmas this year:


When I was lighting the Advent wreath, I bumped the little snowman so that it ended up looking down at the Canada bear with great concern:


These are photos from our trip to the Twin Cities. First, photos of the Capitol Building:





This is a shot of the inside of the Como Conservatory:


And this is Tower Hill Park. We did not go into the tower.


We found this mural in the St. Paul Skyway:


Finally, some videos. These first two are trees decorated in downtown Madison.




This is a video of the ice in Lake Mendota sounding like breaking glass:


This is a funny little dancing Santa someone in our neighborhood had in their light display:



And this is a dragon that was at the Zoo Lights this year:



This house just down the road from ours goes all out with decorations every Christmas:


And finally, this is a building with a really cool light display in downtown Minneapolis. I have no idea if this is for Christmas, or if it is always this cool.


Famous Hat

No comments: