Monday, January 14, 2019

Sumo Hibachi Grill



I hope that my readers had a good weekend. I had a very quiet one, since I am still recovering from being sick. Friday evening Travalon went to the Badger basketball game while I sat at home and did word game puzzles while listening to the music on my phone. If you are wondering what that is, there is a lot of hip hop, old R&B, and 80’s sophisti-pop, which I didn’t even realize was a genre until a couple of months ago. It was the British stuff that had a jazzy sound to it, like “Diggin’ Your Scene” by the Blow Monkeys.

Saturday Travalon and I went to my favorite plant store, and I had so much credit that I was able to get a free discount fern and most of a cactus. The fern was 1/3 its original price because it had gotten a little dry and was a bit raggedy. Still, it is very cool – I have never seen anything like it. It looks a little like seaweed. I will try to post a picture soon. I have been on this kick about loving ancient plants, like the ones in the Mesozoic garden, so ferns and cycads are my particular obsession at the moment. Then Travalon went to visit his old high school buddy while I sat at home, doing word game puzzles and listening to music on my phone. I did talk to Rich a little both evenings, so thanks for that, Rich!

Yesterday we overslept and went to a later Mass, then we went out to Sauk and saw several eagles. We went to the Blue Spoon Diner for a late lunch, and they had closed off parts of the restaurant, but the main part was full so we had to beg them to let us use the upstairs. Then my water glass was dirty, and the waitress brought me a new clean glass but for some reason did not think to fill it with water, even though she passed right by the fountain and I would have to go back downstairs to fill it. That is the only time we have had weird service there, so unless it happens again, we’ll call it a bad day there and let it go. Then I hurriedly finished my MOOC (massive open online course) Irish 107 while watching the Saints (as my longtime readers know, my second favorite team) come from two touchdowns behind to beat the Eagles in a playoff game. For some reason the restaurant Sumo had sent me a gift certificate for $20 for my birthday (how they knew, I’m a little frightened to know!), so we went there for dinner and sat at the hibachi grill. The chef was so entertaining! And the food was delicious. Highly recommended!

I just have to give Travalon a shout-out for being such a kind husband while I have been sick. Thank you, my love!

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Richard Bonomo said...

"Then Travalon went to visit his old high school buddy while I sat at home, doing word game puzzles and listening to music on my phone. I did talk to Rich a little both evenings, so thanks for that, Rich!"

You are welcome!