Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Carnaval at Samba



Late last year Travalon and I each bought a Groupon to Samba Brazilian Grill, thinking we could each use one. However, they told us we could only use one per table, so we were going to use the second one for my birthday. The weather didn’t cooperate that day, and we hadn’t gotten around to it when Groupon helpfully sent Travalon a reminder that his Groupon would expire today. Obviously we weren’t going to go to an all-you-can-eat meatstravaganza for Ash Wednesday, but what a perfect idea for Mardi Gras! Or, maybe more accurately, Carnaval. Handy Woman and Rich also love Samba, so last night the four of us met there to pig out on meat and the salad bar and those little rolls that aren’t Yorkshire pudding but taste just like it, and most of all the grilled pineapple. Yum!

So now it’s Lent, and I am going to give up meat for the next forty days. Sundays don’t count, but I may not eat meat then either. This may or may not be a penance; I suspect there is a lot of falafel in my future, and that’s hardly going to cause me suffering. One year I went totally vegan for Lent and then just ended up eating Indian food for practically every meal. I haven’t decided yet what other penances or extra practices to take up for this holy season. I do wish all my readers a very holy journey to Easter.

Famous Hat


No comments: