Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Where's that Wily Comet? (I Can't Find that Confounded Comet!)

 

Yesterday Travalon and I went to a field near our house to try to see the comet. Everyone is posting photos of it online, but we couldn't see anything. Tonight after adoration I went to a really good spot to look west over Lake Mendota, but I couldn't see anything. Here are photos of the remnants of the sunset.



I was thinking that I should have brought a Padre Pio chaplet with me, because I've really fallen off praying this one. I got a free coffee-colored one in the mail just before the pandemic started, and then a couple of years later I got a free purplish-red one in the mail. Both of those are translucent. As I was going into adoration, I looked at the window well where people will leave religious articles they don't want, and there was a blue, non-translucent Padre Pio chaplet. It's basically the Sacred Heart Novena with added prayers at the beginning and the end. So I took it and prayed it. Here it is.


And here's the whole collection.


There is finally some autumn color in our neighborhood.




Here's some DuoLingo bragging:


And here are some photos Tiffy sent me of the Zoo Lights in Racine.




I don't know if I'll ever see this comet. Everyone says to look west about an hour after sunset, which is exactly what I did tonight. It's just going to get fainter (I guess the best day to see it was Saturday, which was rainy and cloudy here), so maybe I've missed my chance. But there is supposed to be another one coming, so maybe I'll get another chance to go comet-gazing.



Famous Hat

No comments: