Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Charlie and Cashmere: Happy Day!

In my goal to create The Most Random Blog Known to Mankind, I have recently neglected what used to be my two favorite topics: Abortion Is Evil and My Pets Are Cute. Today I will focus on Favorite Topic #2 and bore you with more little animal stories. Yesterday was a happy, happy, happy day for Charlie and Cashmere (and Sylvia!) because Allie and Aimee the guinea pigs left. They went home with someone from the Lutheran choir who was very happy to get them. I will miss them, because they were very snuggly and a lot of fun to watch run around, but they were also loud (especially in the morning, when they wanted breakfast) and they drove the rabbits nuts. Charlie and Cashmere just watched in amazement as my choirmate cuddled the piggies, decided she could get along with them, and left with them. Even Sylvia made happy little squeaky noises I've never heard her make before as she ate her dinner.

Here's a true story: the Mideastern band I play in does not have the most reliable drummer, so before one important gig they kept him hostage at the keyboard player's house until we all got in the car to drive to the gig, in a town about an hour south of here. After we had driven for quite some time, the drummer finally asked me in confusion if we were going to another town. It turns out he thought we were going to a street in our city by the same name as this town, so he must have been very confused when we got in the car and drove and drove and drove! He probably thought we had kidnapped him and was wondering where we were taking him. Crazy Americans! I will say that he is an incredible drummer.

Sorry, no Lenten reflection today, but I do have a picture of a lamb. (Unfortunately it looks more Christmasy than Eastery!) This is a little lamb my mother made out of my favorite flannel shirt when it got too worn out. Unlike me, my mother can sew anything.



Famous Hat

No comments: