Thursday, June 18, 2009

Coolest Pen Ever

As all 4.83 of my regular readers know, I have a collection of crazy pens, many of which have been prominently featured on this very blog. Some were sent to me in the mail by vendors, like my #1 pen and my "Genius at Work" pen, while in other cases coworkers have been my enablers, giving me the syringe pen and the light-up pen. One of my coworkers has the coolest pen ever, and she can't give it to me, but she did show it to me. It is like some kind of James Bond pen.

This pen has a camera in the bottom, and when study subjects write on special paper, it takes a picture of everything they write, then my coworker plugs the pen into her computer and it sends the information to someone on the other side of the planet. How crazy is that?? While I agree that it is the coolest pen I have ever seen, it would not be practical for my purposes for the following reasons:

1. It is a very chubby pen and harder to grip than the average pen.

2. I don't have any magic paper that helps it take pictures.

3. I have no need to send handwriting samples to foreign countries.

4. Why do I want someone halfway around the planet to see all the mistakes I make while doing word game puzzles? Because yes, I am one of those crazies who uses pens to do word game puzzles. Maybe it is genetic; my dad recently said of my grandfather, "The SOB used to do the New York Times crossword puzzle in pen!" Yeah, guess what? So do I!

Still, a spy pen is way cool. It really is the coolest pen ever.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I need to see the picture of this oddity. So what is the purpose of photographing the writing. I mean this is a medical establishment vs. a detective agency

Famous Hat said...

Sorry, I don't have a picture of the pen. It doesn't look very interesting anyway, just like a very chubby pen. It is for investigators to see subject consent forms.