Friday, June 12, 2009

Hardingfele's Baba Ghanouj Flower

This morning I got into work to find this in my email inbox, from Hardingfele: "Here is one, far better than your version. I used Photoshop and actually blended the two flowers. I cannot figure out a way to post the picture though."

Figure 4: Baba Ghanouj Blossom
(photo editing by Hardingfele)

She is right, this is far better than my poor attempt, but I had to laugh when I read the email because it sounded so familiar: kind of like the girl in Scenario #1 in my post about emotional maturity! Had I created this, I probably would have acknowledged the creativity of the person who made the first attempt for having the original idea. I might also have noted that I had access to PhotoShop while she only had Paint, and that I worked on this on my leisure at home while she threw it together on her break at work. But not for Hardingfele are these niceties; no, she gets right to the point: "Mine is better than yours." The subject of the email is even "Better Flower." Funny! But it IS a better flower and so I am posting it.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Ja hei! Actually I did this at home, where I had time to tweak it. I will agree, I have the emotional maturity of a toddler, but then I have an excellent teacher, Tailor :-)

The verify word for today is oulacat. Now what kind of a cat was that?

Famous Hat said...

Maybe it is French Canadian...? If a French cat is an ooh-la-la-cat then this one would be half French.