Thursday, June 10, 2010

ePlushpidity

Lucky you, Hatkateers! Two posts in one day! I have to tell you that I did something so stupid that it left me convulsed with helpless laughter for twenty minutes, so why not share the joy? It all started when Rockstar Tailor talked Hardingfele and me into stopping by the craft store to buy supplies for her online business, Random Queen Girls, where she and some school friends sell random stuff online to raise money for pet shelters. While she was collecting beads, I admired the ePlush stuffed animals. Most cost quite a bit of money, but for some reason a very pretty white pegasus with gold hooves and wings was on sale for a fraction of the price of the others. Now I need another ePlush like the proverbial hole in the head - and in fact what happened next may convince you that I have said hole right through some vital part of the brain - but I did buy it. Since my ePlush creatures are two boys and three girls, I decided that my little winged horse would be a boy to keep the balance even.

I was going to name him Thanatos 2U, and Tailor thought I should make it a girl and name her Ophanta, but Hardingfele nixed Thanatos. I mentioned to a Mexican janitor as we entered Hardingfele's office building that she didn't like the plushy's name so I should call him "Cabron," and he laughed. But Hardingfele thought that meant "buddy"! So I went to the ePlush website, entered the secret code to activate the online avatar of my little stuffy, and was surprised when they asked me to enter it again. Too late I realized the first time they must have been asking for his name, so now he is immortalized with the moniker [six random letters and a number], his now not-so-secret code. OOOOOOOOOPS!!!! In case you're wondering, it's pronounced "Joe."

Famous Hat

No comments: