Friday, June 18, 2010

Keith's New Quarter Series Idea

My little dracaena marginata Keith is at it again. It has yet to receive a response from the President of the United States, so now it is writing to the Federal Reserve with its latest idea. (The form asked for its profession, so it said "Houseplant," and for organization it said, "Plants United Against Boring Currency (PUABC)"). Here is what it submitted:

I greatly enjoyed the “State Quarters” series and its equally wonderful sequel, the “US Territories” Quarters. Are you planning another series? Because last night I had a really good idea that came to me in a dream (yes, plants dream despite what botanists may tell you): The Signs of the Zodiac Quarter series! Actually, the only quarter I saw in the dream was Taurus, but why not put them all on coins? (Feel free to put Virgo on pennies, since the person who waters me has had a number of bad experiences with Virgo men.) That should shut up all those atheists who complain about “In God We Trust” on the coins, since how can the Treasury be religious if it is endorsing astrology, right? Also, please make more $2 bills. The person who waters me finds they are very useful at the local farmer’s market, where everything costs – guess what? - $2, and they confound teenage cashiers everywhere.

Sometimes I really regret the day I taught that plant to type!

Famous Hat

No comments: