Monday, September 6, 2010

Trikin' on the Lake

Two Fridays ago I was at a fish fry with Anna Banana II, A-Joz, OK Cap, the Fabulous Jackie O, and Richard Bonomo, and several of us got huckleberry cosmos. They are very girlie drinks, bright pink and fruity, but are they ever potent! Kathbert called Rich, and he tried to get her to join us, but she refused. He thought I might have more luck convincing her, but I wasn't sure I could dial her number after [censored]. Let's just say that after half a huckleberry cosmo, the phrase "half of a huckleberry cosmo" is quite a tongue twister.

Here is a maple sapling growing outside of Rich's house. I thought it was so funny-looking because it has no branches, just one thin, tall trunk with leaves growing off of it.


Here are some cool retro pictures that Rich put up in his new house. I have no idea where they came from, since they were not up at his old place, but I like them.


Saturday Tiffy, Rich, Kathbert, and I met at the boat place, but it was cold and windy so we decided the trike should wait until Sunday. We took a walk along the creek and I took some photos.




This is a robot someone painted on the road in front of Our Lady of Perpetual Sobriety. I have no idea what it means, but it was so fascinating that I had to take a picture.


This picture did not turn out that well, but I had to try to take it. You know how people are always seeing Jesus in a potato chip or Mary in a grilled cheese sandwich? Somehow the way the light was reflecting off of the dregs of milk in Rich's glass, it looked kind of like a baby so I said it was Baby Jesus. Rich said why couldn't it be Baby Smith, but how exciting is that? Every time I took a photo, the flash ruined the effect, and I wasn't sure how to turn it off so I covered it with my finger and got this odd red effect. However, you can kind of see Baby Jesus in the milk. His head faces right and his arms stretch out on either side.


Sunday the four of us went to the zoo. I loved this sign and had to take a picture.


I was hoping to get some footage of the flamingos dancing or the black swan saying "hello," but they were not cooperating. Instead, I took some photos of other animals.


Giraffes


Rhino


I love the tapir! It's like a panda pig.


Pig (just kidding, this is a piece of artwork)

There were lots of other animals that were hard to photograph, like the seals. Kathbert overheard a redneck telling his little son that the seals were fish and could only breathe water so they would die in the air. Is he really that ignorant? Or does he think his son was old enough to understand sarcasm? I heard a mother tell a girl who looked all of three to stop climbing on the animal statues, couldn't she read the signs? All I could think was, if that kid can read those signs, she must be some kind of child prodigy.

It was much warmer yesterday but still windy, so the boat rental people were reluctant to let us take out the tricycle pedal boat. I begged and pleaded and promised to stay near the shore, so they finally relented. Here is a photo of the boat on land.


And here is the promised footage of Rich and me riding on the boat as Tiffy made a movie of us. Check out the details like my Big Fat Greek Water Park retinal-damaging green water shoes and the huge blue heron flying past in the distance. I made a loop of the sound of the water swishing over the trike wheels in Garage Band, since Kathbert really liked that sound but our conversation was kind of inane. (Samples: "Stay this way so the wind blows you back!" "Are you filming? Awesome!" "Hey, I can get that.... bird." "Do you want to try it?") Tiffy thought we needed banjo music in the background so I shamelessly stole the soundtrack from a YouTube video of a guy named Brad Sondahl playing "Pig Ankle Rag." (The original video is here.) So without further ado, I present "Lake Trikin.'"


Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

That looks sooo cool. I wish I could have joined you. I spent most of the weekend literally in bed trying not to scratch the poison ivy that is by your bus stop that I have now everywhere. Thank God for prednisone

Famous Hat said...

It was really fun. I would totally be up for doing it again sometime.

Prednisone totally rocks.