Friday, December 31, 2010

Bath Day for Sylvia

This morning Hardingfele and I finished off the cassata.  It was, if I may say so in all humility, very delicious, especially since this year I commissioned Anna Banana II to make the pound cake from scratch. However, the cassata is not particularly photogenic:



Compare it to this frightening cake Richard Bonomo received in the mail.  While it looks adorable, the list of ingredients is downright terrifying:


And here is a gratuitous shot of Rich's Christmas tree.  It's kind of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, and when Kathbert made that crack, Luxuli's husband said, "I brought it down from up north just for him," and then he laughed at her for being so contrite.  It was a "weed" tree, one of many he cut down, and he burned most of them, but he brought this one to Rich's house for us all to enjoy.  It didn't get decorated until after dinner on Christmas Day.



If I were a more paranoid person, I might suspect my plants are spying on me.  Notice how these two have grown antennae?


Phalaenopsis Orchid



Orchid Cactus

Maybe Martians are emerging from these plants, but there is an eerie coincidence (or IS it???) in that both of these plants came from the work place.  The cactus was from someone at my previous job who was clearing out his office, and the orchid was from a coworker at my current job who moved to Boston... or so she claims.  Maybe they are keeping tabs on me!

After enjoying the cassata, Hardingfele suggested we give Sylvia the Hedgehog a bath like the person on the bus had suggested.  I was lukewarm (pun intended) about this suggestion until she reminded me that we could film it and put it on the blog.  Am I ever glad she suggested it!  I think it is a very cute movie, and I hope that you enjoy it too, except for the couple seconds where Hardingfele apparently forgot she was filming and all you can see is the empty tub, not the action.  (Guess I could have cut that part, but the dialogue was still going on.)  So sit back and enjoy "Sylvia's Bath."

 

 Famout Hat

No comments: