Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Picture Post: Chaplets, Blossoms, Protest

Yet another post of pictures!  First here are a couple of chaplets.  This one is made of Murano glass beads, and Kathbert really likes it:


This one I ordered online thinking it was a rosary too, but it is actually a chaplet of the Seven Sorrows of Our Lady. That's OK, during lunch I pray it instead of playing ePlush, since I gave that up for Lent.


And here are some pictures of my plants.  First, my "Christmas" cacti blooming:





And here is a picture of the orchid my former coworker gave me:


Remember the frond on my Boston fern that was split at the tip as if it were giving the Peace Sign?  It doesn't seem so peaceful when it's strangling my dracaena marginata!


But the protesters are still peaceful!  Here are some photos from the protest earlier today.  Willie Nelson and Susan Sarandon spoke, but I wasn't close enough to get pictures of them.  This first picture is from the coffee shop where I was supposed to meet Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap, but somehow we never met up so I just had my coffee, prayed the rosary in the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel, and then went down to the Square.


The rest of the photos are from the Capitol Square and State Street.













This is the marquee of a theater/restaurant on State Street:


Despite the fact that we have lost the battle, the mood was festive, with people in cars tooting their horns to the rhythm of "This is what democracy looks like!"  There were other clever signs I didn't get photos of, such as:  "Welcome to FitzWalkerStan," "Snooki is smarter than Walker!" "Walker isn't qualified to sub for my class!" "Remember to set your clocks back 50 years," and "WI will overcome!"  However, I was annoyed this time to see some pro-abortion signs.  What has that got to do with it???  So I made my own sign:


And this is what it says on the other side:


I haven't brought this down to the Capitol yet.  If I survive that adventure, I'll be sure to let you all know how it went.  And feel free to join me!  I hope I am not the only one; after all, plenty of Walker supporters are not pro-life, like the Koch brothers.

Famous Hat

No comments: