Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rosary Beads and Popcorn Adventure

Today Jilly Moose and I went to the Bead Show and bought lots of beads with a plan:  we were going to make rosaries!  (I am writing this from Jilly Moose's computer and she would like to say that she does not endorse the previous post AT ALL.)  We each bought a funky ring, and I had a necklace made for Easter.  I got a bracelet of jade beads shaped like milk jugs, and of course we got all the stuff to make rosaries:  Hail Mary beads, Our Father beads, and crucifixes.

Then we went on a road trip on country roads to Rural Route 1 Popcorn to buy - you guessed it - popcorn.  We both got jalapeno cheese popcorn, and Jilly Moose got her favorite, Badger Popcorn, which is cinnamon red-hot and vanilla mixed together.  I am not a huge fan of sweet popcorn myself, so I sampled all the cheesy flavors. 

Then we tried to go to a new Mexican restaurant, but we had trouble figuring out how to get to it - it took us three tries to find the driveway!  But it was worth it! 

Then we came back to Jilly Moose's house and made our rosaries.  Jilly Moose's rosary is very beautiful, with small magenta pearls for the Hail Mary beads and larger white pearls for the Our Father beads.  My rosary is more... unique, with tulip-shaped iridescent purple beads for the Hail Marys and pale green glass beads for the Our Fathers.  It sounds better in theory than it looks, trust me.  And then we used them to pray the rosary so we know they are fully functional.

Jilly Moose has approved this blog post.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Catherine Arnott Smith said...

I would just like to comment that you won't actually know if the rosaries are *fully* functional unless your prayers all come true.

Famous Hat said...

Just wait until I win the lottery, get my dream job, marry some minor royalty, and move to a tropical island, and then you will know how functional my rosary is! :p