Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where the Heck Was Famous Hat??

Sorry for the long silence, but I had sort of really good excuses this time, and for at least part of the time, people will back me up. Here’s how it went down:

Thursday – Tiffy, Jilly Moose, OK Cap, Richard Bonomo, and I went to a fake Irish pub for dinner, but they were charging $5 to get in the door even if you planned to eat dinner, so we went to another fake Irish pub. Since I was the only one with any actual Irish blood, they asked me what was authentic and I said NOT corned beef, so we got fish and chips and Guinness in commemorative glasses.

Friday – Tiffy and I had a lot of face time with Mother Nature, hiking to Picnic Point and then strolling through the zoo. Later we went to a fish fry with Richard Bonomo, Cecil Markovich, Anna Banana II, Luxuli and her husband. There was a very long wait for a table so we entertained ourselves with liquid refreshment. Possibly we entertained the rest of the establishment too; I seem to remember some people staring at me as I sang the first soprano line from “Duo Seraphim” by Handl, aka. Gallus. OK, so maybe it sounds better with the other seven parts…

Saturday – more face time with Mother Nature as Tiffy, Kathbert, Richard Bonomo, and I went into the woods to see the blooming skunk cabbages in all their stinky glory. Later we went to a party at Jilly Moose’s house for games and Irish coffee, and then she entertained us all with showing us the moose herd. Fact: she has one moose named Max and another named Maxwell Alexander.

Sunday – Anna Banana II, OK Cap, Jilly Moose, and I were attempting to lure Luxuli to a coffee house and then Rich’s house for her surprise birthday party, but that was a comedy of errors: Anna Banana II got sick, the coffee house closed early on Sunday so we agreed to meet at a particular restaurant but some of us went to the one on the West Side and others went to the more centrally located one, and Luxuli tried to talk us into going to her house instead. Finally we got to Rich’s and prayed the rosary in front of his fireplace in the den. Luxuli could hear people arriving, so finally her curiosity got the best of her and she left the den… to discover her surprise birthday party!

Monday and Tuesday – had big plans to clean and run errands, but I came down with a virus by the enchanting name of labyrinthitis which has the not so enchanting symptom of extreme vertigo. I have never really suffered from motion sickness, but now I feel for everyone who does! No fun thinking you are going to hurl just because you turned your head or bent over to feed the bunnies. And I didn’t dare drive! I am totally out of food and couldn’t drive to get any more, so last night I was thinking of walking (or, more likely, lurching) to Jerkins just down the road, but suddenly there were a million emergency vehicles in its parking lot, so I just went to bed. Today I felt a little better after taking some expired Dramamine Tiffy had forgotten at my house, and I survived the bus ride to work. Maybe by tomorrow I will be able to move my head without making the whole room spin. Here’s hoping…

Famous Hat

No comments: