Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why Gone Two Years!?

I have never been to Heaven but I imagine it would be something like the evening Anna Banana II, Jilly Moose, OK Cap, and I had last Saturday:  a wine- and chocolate-tasting gala in a conservatory!  By the end, between all that wine, the key lime-infused dark chocolate, and the blooming dendrobia and wisteria, I felt like I had reached another plane of existence.  We got commemorative wine glasses, and I also bought a souvenir:  a plant.  Because if there is one thing I need more than another rosary, it is another plant.  This is a sansevieria, and it looks kind of like a crown:


You can see the buds on my orchid in the foreground and the juniper on the far right.  But you know you wanted a closer look at that crazy sansevieria:


Wicked cool!  And here is the juniper I rescued the next day:


And here is the first blossom of the spring on my "Christmas" cactus, which actually blooms around All Saint's Day and again during Lent:


I guess nobody told it Lent is late this year.  Yesterday being the First of March, it was the second anniversary of Mr. Why's death, so a few of us stopped by his grave.  Here is a picture of Richard Bonomo with the flowers he brought for the grave:


As you can see, we went there after dark, and Toque McToque asked if we were creeped out, but I didn't find it one bit creepy.  Maybe I was too cold to be creeped out...  Mr. Why, couldn't you have died in July??  Then we put the flowers on the grave:


Mad props to Pete the Sailor Man for clearing off the grave marker.  As you may remember, we could not find it under all the snow last year, so we simply set the flowers by a decorative rock near Mr. Why's grave.  Since then, they have turned the decorative stone into a birdbath and added a bench:


Miss you, Mr. Why!  I hope to see you again someday, maybe where there is unlimited wine and chocolate under the blooming dendrobia and wisteria.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Coincidentally my Xmas cactus is blooming too!

Famous Hat said...

Is that from the clipping I gave you? Or is it another one? What color does it bloom? OK Cap has two really cool ones: a very pale salmon pink and a bright coral orange.