Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Communication Workshop


Sorry for the silence yesterday, I was at all-day training offsite and didn’t have access to a computer. This training was on effective communication, and I actually learned something useful: that my communication style is Relationship Building. This explains so much about why I sometimes feel stupid at work, because I need more time and input to make a decision than some of the other types. This was a class for women, and Relationship Building was the largest group, so I am wondering if this is a very feminine style of communication, and if the more male types that favor quick decisions based on data rather than people are preferred where I work. At least now I feel justified in saying I need some time to come to a decision, and I need input from other people. There is nothing wrong with any style; they are all necessary. My style is good for collaborations.  So if you feel the need to collaborate with someone, apparently I am your woman.

Famous Hat

No comments: