Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Training


Here at work they are very in favor of “wellness,” and so they attempt to get us to do healthy things like walk a mile. Today my office mate Light Bright and I decided to walk the mile route, but we couldn’t stand how inefficient it was. We knew tons of shortcuts to all the places on the route, which admittedly defeats the purpose of walking exactly a mile. Luxuli bought me a spring training pass at our health club for a late birthday present, so I was telling Light Bright about the things I need to do for that, and she thought we should do them together. Besides walking a mile, I am supposed to do five flights of stairs, one minute of jumping jacks, as many pushups as possible, and hold the “plank” position for as long as possible, three times a week for all of these. Light Bright and I each managed twenty pushups and one minute of holding the Plank. We didn’t think a minute of jumping jacks would be a big deal, but it is much harder than it sounds. So we are going to encourage each other and try to get fit together, though I must admit that I have a longer way to go than she does.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

How about you walk the plank :-)

Famous Hat said...

Very funny. I'll be the one laughing when I am totally toned!