Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rubber Chicken Dinner


Sorry for the long silence. They have changed the interface on this blog site, and it really confuses me. So if this looks strange, you know why.

I hope all my readers had a great Easter. Mine was fabulous – we had chocolate mousse AND chocolate pudding at Easter dinner! I was very tired after the Triduum and didn’t make it to the Lutheran church on Sunday, but I hear they carried on without me, somehow. Now Cecil Markovich is trying to get me to skip Lutheran choir practice for Frogs Night Out, but I’m staying strong because we have a Bach thing we are working on. You know what I would do for Bach? Go to a concert on Friday and another one on Saturday, that’s what. You can never get too much of some good things.

The other day my office mate Light Bright and I were listening to Public Radio, only unbeknownst to me she was not actually listening. They were talking about political fund raisers, and how breakfasts are becoming very popular, even if the stereotype is the rubber chicken dinner. They kept repeating that phrase, so I said to Light Bright, “Rubber chicken dinner” since, let’s face it, it is a very entertaining phrase. However, she had not been paying any attention to the story, so she thought I was just randomly saying that and started laughing really hard. Now it is on our list of quotes.

Famous Hat

No comments: