Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bike to Work Week


This is Bike to Work Week, and in that spirit I biked (boke?) to work yesterday. (Monday was too early in the week to make that kind of decision, and today I got a ride from A-Joz.) It was a gorgeous ride in, and the day continued to be lovely, as you may have noticed from my post yesterday about getting ice cream. There was no sign of trouble until I left work and thought to myself, “It got overcast suddenly, and it smells like rain.” I hoped to beat it home, and certainly the thunderstorm rumbling in the distance. However, I hadn’t gone very far when the heavens opened and dumped a ton of water all over me. It was still very sunny, but I didn’t want to put on my sunglasses because they would be covered with rain and hard to see out of, so I just squinted against the sunlight. All that, and yet there was no rainbow. It was raining so hard that I thought surely it would let up… which it did, just as I arrived at home. I was so wet that I even had to change my underwear! So that was my adventurous first time biking to work this year. At least there was no sign of lightning.

Famous Hat

No comments: