Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Light Bright's Slip-Up


I did not witness this particular incident, but my office mate Light Bright told me she wished I had been there. It was noon, so all sorts of people were around as she was leaving the cafeteria with a salad in one hand and fork and napkins in the other. The passageway was so crowded that she kept close to the wall, to stay out of the way of the bunches of people wandering around.  As she was taking a step, her foot slipped on a little patch of something oily, and since her other foot was already forward, she said, “I knew I was going down!” Instinctively her body fell against the wall, so that instead of falling smack on her bum she just slid down the wall. She managed to hang onto everything in her hands during this little trip; as she said, “My brain remembered it was food!” Everyone around her asked if she was okay, and she said yes. Then they looked for the patch she slipped on, but nobody could find it. I said it must be because her pants wiped it up, thus making the place safe for everyone else.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

So did she have the oily butt for the rest of the day?

Famous Hat said...

I didn't look.