Monday, December 17, 2012

Musical Weekend


Friday night Travalon and I went to my work holiday party. There was a gag gift exchange which was very entertaining, but we left just in time – it was getting dirty and I heard it actually got religiously offensive. Just as well we went to grab some dinner at Hu Hot and then went to our favorite hangout, Le Tigre Lounge.  Saturday Tiffy came to visit for the first time in months, so that was a lot of fun. We went to a Baroque music concert and to a handbell concert, so we got our music fix in. Sunday Travalon and I watched the Packer game at a bar where the clientele kept going “Awww!” every time Jay Cutler appeared onscreen, looking bummed about throwing an interception, holding his aching shoulder, etc. I am happy to report that the Bears still suck. Then we went to a coffeehouse where Hardingfele’s husband was playing Beatle songs on the guitar, and then we went to a tavern that was mentioned in the book Bottoms Up, although it was not one of the seventy chosen taverns. It is called Mickey’s and is like a house inside, with a parlor and a living room. We had dinner at the Costa Rica CafĂ© and then watched old SCTV clips with Richard Bonomo. I love CCCP1 TV! Especially what fits inside of Russia. Answer: almost everything.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Travalon said...

-A very enjoyable December Sunday!
-I would recommend Cafe Costa Rica to anyone.
-I imagine Mickey's is pretty well known to most Madison residents who get out and about.It's a classic neighborhood bar.
- SCTV may not be quite as brilliant as Monty Python, but also very classic, a hillarious show, John Candy is missed !

Hardingfele said...

Food, drinks, music and sports. I am gaining pounds just reading it!

Famous Hat said...

Then imagine what I'm doing living it!