Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Presents

Yesterday I went to Travalon's mother's house for Christmas, and all his brothers were there, plus their wives, their kids, and some family friends. His college-age nephew dressed up as Santa and did such a good job that he seems to have successfully fooled his little cousins. Guess what Santa gives out? Whoopie cushions, Groucho Marx glasses, and glow-in-the-dark swords. The boys LOVED it. We had a delicious lunch there, with half my cassata, and then Travalon and I drove back to my town for dinner with Richard Bonomo et al, including the other half of my cassata. I had to abandon Travalon for Date Night with Jesus, since it was Tuesday and Adoration doesn't stop for Christmas, but he had a good time talking with everyone else. He and Cecil Markovitch bonded over being half Croatian. I gave Travalon Maus Volumes 1 and 2 for Christmas, and here is what he gave me:


A friend of his in Iowa made this. The bird is an Africa grey parrot. There are also matching earrings... with matching beads, they don't have parrots on them. I am wearing the earrings and necklace today and have gotten lots of compliments on them, considering that hardly anyone is at work today. Yes, Travalon has very good taste.

Famous Hat

3 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Beautiful! The cassata sounds fab and yummy. We had mac and cheese for Xmas!

Famous Hat said...

Kathbert said it was my best cassata ever. Nothing wrong with eating childhood favorites for Christmas!

Travalon said...

-X-Mas day was very enjoyable at both houses.
-My nephew is quite a convincing actor,and his and my brothers'sense of humor showed in Santa's unusual gifts.
-For all my brothers and their wives to gather for X-Mas at the same time is pretty rare, we are not exactly that classic tv family " The Waltons" this was heaven for my mother.
-Glad your gift was a hit at work, my clay artist friend does amazing work !
- Your cassata was top notch, I had never heard of that kind of dessert before though.