Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Lent Song

Just in time for Lent, I have written a song wishing everyone a happy Lent:



Here are the words:

It's time again for penitence,
Yes, Lent is finally here!
With ashes and with abstinence,
My favorite time of year.

So now the music's minor key,
On Fridays we eat fish.
Why can't it be like this all year?
Yes, that's my fondest wish.

A very happy Lent to you,
I hope your joy abounds.
May all your Lenten dreams come true,
Like losing twenty pounds.

Famous Hat

4 comments:

Travalon said...

Good to see your pretty and "famous" hat broken out and in action again, it's a nice reminder of Spring and Summer weather. Lent does eventually, slowly but surely lead to it. I am stepping up my reading for lent as well as giving up burgers( exception of the Fountain yesterday) Beautiful singing job on this video too !

Famous Hat said...

Aw, thanks! :)

Hardingfele said...

I think this quasi Phrygian tune would sound even cool if it was rocked up with punk bar chords and screaming electric guitar and bass. I can sort of hear it in my head.

Famous Hat said...

Everyone seems to think this is a very catchy tune. Maybe I should do more with it...